Thursday, October 28, 2010

Richard Toll

Has internet, apparently!  We're using the internet at the USAID office to do research for our presentations (the last assignment for our St. Louis River Valley course) tomorrow morning.

I have surprisingly little to say about the last few days.  We've seen a lot of water pumps and rice factories, and heard all manner of presentations in incomprehensible French.  I've been exhausted a lot of the time.

Yesterday we all had lunch with one of the host families.  They bought and killed a mouton (sheep) for lunch, and we had very fresh mouton with rice and onions.  After we had stuffed ourselves, they brought out beverages.  And then melon.  And then attaya.  By the time we finished, the sun was going down.  It was wonderful not just because of the food, but also because the whole time we were lounging under this massive mango tree.  It was shady and there were pillows and mats and it was just fantastic to get to relax in a comfortable place.  I feel like Richard Toll is a little short on comfy places.

I think Theresa and I are going to do our presentation on neo-colonialism.  While I research, I'm uploading pictures to Facebook.  If you aren't friends with me on FB and you want to see pictures, friend me.

I'm hoping I'll get a nap and get to do some shopping today.  And I'm looking forward to going back home to Dakar.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an amazing afternoon! Thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

    - Chinzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are having fun! It sounds sooo different then here, I am a bit jealous. Let me know how things are going! meganlynh@gmail.com

    Much Love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete