Monday, October 18, 2010

About to Leave

Things here just don't go according to plan.  Have you noticed that?

We were supposed to leave yesterday for St. Louis.  The prof who was supposed to take us had to stay with his son, who has been in the hospital for 3 weeks with a cerebral hemorrhage.  It appears that this son is now in a coma, so everyone in my family and Alyssa's (who are related to Moussa, the son) was very upset yesterday.  Prof Ibou told us that we would have to postpone our trip until next week.  I hadn't slept Saturday night, so I sleepily went back home and unpacked and went to bed.  I spent the day tired and depressed and then got a call from Rama at the school saying that we would be leaving Monday morning at 11.  So I had to repack everything and get all ready to go.

Youssou was mad at me yet again for saying things that I really never said.  My host sister lost the sketches we gave her for what we wanted our clothes at the tailor to look like.

Went to a house party and then out dancing on Saturday night.  I had a lot of fun, but the other girls were getting creeped on by very inappropriate guys.  We got back home at about 6 am, and then decided to just stay up since we were supposed to leave at 8.  But of course, we didn't leave then.

We're sitting in the bus about to go now, and it's only 2.5 hrs later than planned.  I'm looking forward to some time off from my family (aka Youssou), but I'll miss some people (aka Galo, who's the only laid-back, happy, caring, trustworthy guy I've met here).  I don't know when I'll be able to post next, but I'm sure I'll have exciting things to report.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetie! It sounds like tons of fun! My bro and dad just got back from K homecoming and my dad's 35th reunion! My Bro REALLY wants to go to K! His tour guide knew you I guess. I am really sorry to hear about ur frustrations with Caleb. I dont have much advise. I am still dealing with Tom. He keeps calling and saying he wants "closure" but everyone is telling me not to talk to him (which i havent). I want to come visit you in K sometime! feel free to email me (meganlynh@gmail.com) if you need someone to talk to or skype works! Hope you have fun in St. Louis!
    Love,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about this set of adventures! I think you're doing a great job taking care of your friends and I hope you're doing as good a job taking care of yourself...Keep us posted! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting about nothing happens according to plan. Makes me appreciate the things that do work according to plan. Somehow Japanese trains come to mind. And mom's dinners :-)

    Of course things not working according to plan is just a different way of doing things. Aside from that, I must note how I enjoy things that happen according to plan. It makes big exciting plans possible.

    Can't wait to see what happens in St. Louis.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete