Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thoughts

I'm going to try to make this post sensible, but since I couldn't sleep last night, that may not happen. Last night Caleb was scheduled to leave for Peace Corps training, but he wound up being delayed because of a snowstorm. I was excited for him and had a lot on my mind, and then there was a cat prancing around on the roof above me making little pitter-patter sounds, and then a mosquito started buzzing nearby... So I might have gotten to sleep around 4 or 5 in the morning.

This morning I forced myself out of bed to go to circus practice and had a fantastic workout with Modou and Valentina. I'm hoping we'll get to work on some partner stuff before we go, though Modou points out that he won't have a partner after Valentina and I leave. I also taught Modou Enligh yesterday, which was a lot of fun. He only recently learned to read and write, so it's challenging to teach him, but I feel like I'm learning about as much as I'm teaching.

It's getting chilly here. I had to stop on my way to school to put a sweater on because it was so cloudy and windy and cold. It gets harder every day to get myself to take a cold shower. I had both my pairs of jeans washed last week, and it was challenging to get through the week without them. I think it's finally turning into winter here.

I've been dreaming almost every night about going home to the States. I feel like I'm caught in a vicious cycle, where the more I dream of going home at night, the more I think of it during the day, which makes me dream of it more.

My birthday is coming up soon, and I'm excited to celebrate it here (and then at K, and then at home). I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for it, but I'm sure it'll be fun.

I was going to talk about my SIP (senior individualized project) ideas a bit, but maybe I'll do that tomorrow. It got late and my attention span is shrinking.

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one thinking about you coming back here!

    ReplyDelete