Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tense

I'm not sure what it is today, but I'm feeling really tense.  I feel like I'm behind (in my studies, in life, in finding a job for the summer, etc) and like I'm too tired to catch up.  It's really dumb, because yesterday I sent my resume out to two people with whom I'd love to intern this summer--one in Dakar, one in Kalamazoo.  I just went to the place I'll probably be interning for my research project here and explained what I want to do.

Caleb is officially doing Peace Corps, which is fabulous.  It's frustrating that we met at such an inconvenient time in our lives, but I guess it'll be good to see where we stand at the end of all this.  By the time he finishes his tour, I'll be out of college, so from there we can do what we want.  Just have to see what happens in these next two years first.

I'm really glad that my family came to visit, but for the last few days I've been struggling against listlessness and homesickness.  I only have two months left here (to the day! Happy four months in Senegal), and I don't want to spend them counting down to go home.  My birthday is in a month, which will be great.  Circus practices are starting up again.  I have research to do and people to see and tea to make.  It's just hard being sick at this stage in my study abroad.  And right now, practically everyone on my program is sick.  We're all feeling about the same way right now, I think.  It'll probably pass soon.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like what Karen calls 'post-show let down' - you were spending lots of time getting ready for your performance and our visit and not that those are over, there's not a structure or goal to live into. Time to set up a plan for your last 2 months to be fabulously fulfilling and fun (I like alliteration :)

    Hugs! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your family visit went well!! I want to see you perform circus some time! My bro starts K in the fall, maybe I can come visit and see you guys! Let me know what you want for your bday. I hope you feel better soon! Good luck and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listlessness is probably just natural let-down after the high times spent with family. It'll pass soon.

    ReplyDelete