Tuesday, February 15, 2011

More Illness!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been really busy and then wound up with another bout of illness.

I've had a stomach issue for a while, but it sort of blew up on Friday, combined with a major hypoglycemic attack. It all happened in a social forum in Dakar, while I was sitting alone somewhere where no one noticed me. It was a scary hour or so before my friend got me home safely, and the whole weekend I was pretty much stuck in bed.

I'm feeling sort of hopeless about being ill, since I don't feel like I'm getting better. I do have energy again, but my stomach issues don't seem to be resolving at all. Plus, being cooped up in my house so much has put all my pet peeves on high alert--TVs on all the time, people yelling to each other in the same room, people coming into my room without knocking, chewing and popping gum with mouths open, etc.

I feel so isolated! Like I can't really do anything useful, but I also can't do anything fun. Everyone is busy, so no one is going to come and hang out with me all day, so I just end up alone for the most part. This sucks! It needs to end ASAP!

Anyways. Stuff here will be better soon, and then I'll write a less angsty post. I only have two and a half weeks left here, so I'll be sure to post as much as possible before I leave.

Sympathy and well-wishes welcome, in the meantime.

2 comments:

  1. Hate that you're not feeling well again! Grumble! It will be better soon, a good sign is that you've got some energy back - hopefully by the end of the week this past weekend will just have been a bad memory, and you'll be ready to go out and have some more fun before having to really get to work finishing your project!

    So looking forward to you're being back home where I can feed and mom you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you're feeling bad. Hope you get better real soon.

    ReplyDelete