Sunday, March 6, 2011

Back in the Zoo

I got to Kalamazoo early this afternoon, thanks to the time sacrifice of my fabulous friend Colleen. It was such a relief to have her come pick me up at the airport and to have a little rest before going to campus. Thanks, Colleen!

I got to see all my K circus friends! I went to a circus practice and teared up a little just watching them practice moving into formations for an act for a show. Something about the facilities we were in and the cold and the people was just emotionally overwhelming to me.

I hear myself talking about Senegal almost any time I open my mouth to speak. Every time someone talks about something, it reminds me, "In Dakar, _______." I'm trying not to say too too much about it, but it's hard not to.

Tomorrow there is another circus rehearsal and then swing rehearsal, and Tuesday there will be more circus (playtime!) and then we're celebrating my 21st birthday! I'm so touched that my friends are taking time out of their last week of the quarter (always a stressful time) to go out with me and celebrate. I'm so lucky to have such fabulous friends in my life.

I'm staying with Nolan, which means good food and company. I'm looking forward to the next few days, and to going home on Wednesday.

1 comment: