Sunday, August 7, 2011

A little off

I'm feeling a little off today. I've been mentally prepared all day to work on my SIP, and I think I've been working pretty much since I woke up. But rather than feeling at all accomplished, I'm just feeling pretty depressed. Part of it is probably that the people I've been hanging out with lately all just left town for a few days. And my bed is the only place in my house where I can get reliable internet, which means that's where I have to do my SIP work. Sitting in bed all day is pretty lame.

I'm at 22 pages (out of 30, I think) of my SIP. I still have some sections to write that I'm not especially prepared for, which is why progress is slow right now. I'm gathering information and sources, which is time-consuming and doesn't produce writing. I need to be finished writing by Friday night. That will be challenging. Actually, if I can just write two pages a day for the next four days, I'd be done. It just seems impossible at the moment.

I also feel a little bit like I'm getting sick, but I'm hoping that's just a function of feeling depressed and overwhelmed. In general lately, I've been the happiest I can ever remember being. It's weird when I have periods of depression lately, because it's such a contrast to my normal state.

Anyways, I WILL finish my SIP, I WILL feel better mentally and physically, and life is going to rock next weekend and beyond. I just need to keep my head up and push on through this week. Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're always aware of when you're just a little off and that it's just a temporary rough spot in an extraordinary life! Keep moving ahead - the end is in sight and you're going to do a great job. Love you - keep your eye on the goal and keep moving towards completion!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is hoping you do not come down with something and keep up the productive work on your SIP. Don't let the next few days get to you- the week is almost ended!!

    ReplyDelete