Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sorry for the long delay

Life has been gratifyingly busy here. I haven't been very inspired to post, because life at K seems too relatable and easy compared to life in Senegal. In Senegal I was always inspired to write because I wanted to paint a picture of what was happening with me for my friends and family. Here, I think people can already imagine pretty well.

Here's a brief life update though:

Classes are going really well. So far, I'm enjoying each of them a lot. Even the homework I've had has been fun for me. I think I should be able to get some good grades this quarter, which would be nice.

Circus is in full swing. We have a show next weekend, so this week is tech week. Monday is a two-hour tech rehearsal, and Tues, Wed, Thurs are each 4-hr rehearsals. I'm loving spending so much time with people I adore, doing things I love. I'm kicking myself into shape as quickly as possible right now, hoping that using the blue silk rather than the white one (super elastic vs inelastic) won't be too hard.

My summer is slowly getting scheduled. It looks like I'll be working for the Poverty Reduction Initiative in Kalamazoo, which should be a great experience. I'm hoping to use what I learn at PRI as my senior thesis research. I'm also hoping that I can do my senior thesis in the summer, so I won't have to worry about it during the school year.

Overall, things are going very well. I'm hoping to have time this summer to go camping with my family and to visit Caleb in the lovely Caribbean, and it looks like both will be possible. I'm loving life and having a great time. This week will be a challenge, but I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you're having such a great time with classes and circus! Keep living a life you love!

    ReplyDelete