Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Time Keeps on Slipping

I can't believe we're halfway through December already!  My family is coming in less than two weeks!

The circus show at the pool is a week from Friday, which is coming up fast.  Yesterday I was at circus from 3-7:30.  I'm a little sore today.

We went to Toubab Diallaw this last weekend, and it was gorgeous.  I got to take a drumming class, make a batik, and make a clay baobab tree.  I think I'll take my family back there when they visit.  Conveniently, it's not far from Dakar, and Lac Rose and the animal reservation are on the way.  Perfect!  Also, there's wifi there, the room we slept in cost $8/night, they provide toilet paper, the resort is right on the ocean, and there are hammocks everywhere.  Oh, and the food is fabulous.  And the landscaping is unbelievable.





I decided to just put up pictures of this place instead of trying to describe it.

Oh, there's a circus performance at Toubab Diallaw before the one at the pool, so I may be going back there soon.  They may also decide that it'd be easier not to take me (since they can't rig the silk there anyways), which would be fine.

I don't think there's anything else especially interesting going on, but I'm sure that will change soon.  Ba bennen! (Until next time!)

1 comment:

  1. Love the new pics - looks like a beautiful place. How'd your batik come out?

    ReplyDelete