Monday, November 29, 2010

Stuff!

I finally figured out (a few weeks ago) how to change the background on my blog. Did you notice?  I've decided to change it more often now to mix things up.  It's kind of fun.

Big news!
I'm going to be in SenCirk, THE circus troupe in Dakar!  I'll have to rearrange my classes a little bit to make it work, but I WILL make it work.  It may mean that I won't be able to travel during my break, but it may also mean that I'll get to perform on silks during my break...so that's cool.  There's a performance they're planning at the Olympic pool (which is where they practice) which would have the fabric rigged from a diving board over the pool.  Aminata (the director) was telling me about it and said nonchalantly, "So you'll probably be doing that."  Since I learned silks, that's always been one of my fantasies: silks over water.

I'll also be able to train other skills (that I am currently completely unskilled at), which will be great.  So, potentially, I won't go back to school having not done aerials in 9 months.  AND, I'll even have other cool skills and be in great shape.  Yay!

Classes are almost over, which means we have a bunch of papers to do now, but soon we will be done.  This weekend we're taking a trip to Socone, and I have no idea what we'll be doing there.

More to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. Very excited for you! Just don't let cirque get in the way of other adventures, too! Keep us posted on progress, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SenCirk. My mom was asking for the name of the group--Thank you for telling me before I could ask you! This sounds like such fun. Keep it all going (and remember to call the microcredit guy!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally persuaded Peter to share the blog URL. Great writing, spent a wonderful hour+ reading backwards from today. So what's the opposite of foreshadowing? Aftshadowing?

    Eager to see how things work out. Some people run away with the circus. Not Erica! She goes to the other side of the world and the circus finds her.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on creating the circus opportunity. Will you be doing your silks act by yourself, or do you join with others?

    ReplyDelete